Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's 'Bean' a while

Yesterday (Friday) we had our first scan and the misses was on tenterhooks. I was pretty relaxed about the whole thing as she seems to looking pregnant with things like a bump is growing, the boob fairy has defiantly paid a visit and everything in the kitchen turns her stomach.

So we were absolutely blown away to see a little 'Bean' with a heartbeat on the ultrasound.
Bean is developing at a good rate 14mm in length and is only a couple of days behind (7w5d).

There is a palatable relief and even though the misses has to remain careful and cautious we have a 95% chance of going full term which is the best odds we've had so far.

So there it is, little Bean is lighting up my January.

3 comments:

Tigger said...

I'm a bit late to the party, but I wanted to say "CONGRATULATIONS"! It's always absolutely wonderful to see treatments work, and it gives those of us still trying just a little bit of hope.

WOO! I hope to see more updates!

lola said...

Oh how wonderful!! I'm so thrilled for you both and can't wait for more updates :):)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I love hearing about a BFP.
I'm so happy for you the scan went well.
Fingers crossed the next 7 or so months go nice and fast and are kind to you both!!

xxx