Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Break Me Gently

The new boy is settleing in.
There are always going to be difficulties when starting a new job and I definatly did not expect to have such a tough situation from day 1. You see I was headhunted for this role which is a completly new experience to me. The conversation contained this passage
"what me?"
"yes, they would be really interested in talking to you"
"are you sure that they want to speak to me though?"
"yes but if you don't phone in the next few minutes........"

I hung up to make the call and well here I am. I was interviewed by the big boss and he offered me the job more or less straight away and I agreed. Thing is, he employed me without my immediate boss meeting me and that has really pissed him off. So from Day 1 I have my work cut out to impress the man. Oh well.


This has been another important step away from the cloud that followed me around for so long. Depression really gets a hold of you and strangles out any self belief you may have. I have a renewed sense of worth and am full of positive energy which stems from the good baby news back before Christmas.

It is all to easy to forget how down I was feeling and now I can look forward to looking forward.


The misses is doing well, she is still taking things very easy and continues to feel nauseous almost everyday. Bean seems to be growing OK, judging by the new clothes that have appeared over the past few days. The next scan is now just 12 days away and we can't wait to see how our Bean is getting on.

We hope to get away for a few days before too long and enjoy some time together. Bean might appreciate the fresh air and I'm sure someday soon A will be able to enjoy more than a few hours without wanting to throw up.

1 comment:

lola said...

Glad to hear that things are coming along well! Sorry the missus is feeling sick, if it makes her feel any better tell her I'm right there with her!
Hopefully we'll feel better very soon...